Thursday, June 12, 2008

This is a First!

From Terry:

This is my first time blogging. I thought I could give this a try to see if folks are looking for info in blogs about gardening, classes, events, event rentals, or anything else in which the Civic Garden Center is involved. There is always so much going on at CGC that I want everyone to know about us.

Take today for instance. We have rented our auditorium to the Cincinnati Youth Collaboration. They are conducting a meeting and it sounds like they are having a good one, there is much laughter seeping through the door. Yesterday, the Cincinnati Association for the Blind had a staff retreat here and Cara Hague, one of our staff horticulturists, gave the group a tour of the grounds and Hauck Botanic Garden. There were lots of plants to see, touch and smell.

Also, we've started a new feature on our website (http://www.civicgardencenter.org/) for Plant of the Week. Check it out. There's even a scavenger hunt for the plant of the week - stop by and we'll tell you all about it.

I spotted a few folks eating lunch on our patio and down in the garden at our new picnic table. It's such a beautiful day and a great place to enjoy a few quiet moments.

I'll blog more, I'm really just seeing how this whole thing works. Thanks.

No comments: