We have lots of classes coming up. Please check our website (http://www.civicgardencenter.org/) under the education tab for details. I really want to make you aware of couple of outstanding educational opportunities with Brian Jorg, Horticulturist, Photographer, and Birder. We are offering a trip to the Smokies with Brian Jorg and CGC staff horticulturist, Paul Koloszar as your guides. The second offering is a four part photography course with Brian Jorg showing you the tips and tricks of taking exquisite photographs. The course descriptions are below. Please call to reserve your spot today - 513.221.0981.
Smoky Mountain Wildflower Photography Trip
Focus on Flowers
Join Brian Jorg for a wildflower photography class in the Great Smoky Mountains - one of the most florally diverse regions in North America. A pre-trip meeting will take place April 6, 7-8:30pm at the Civic Garden Center. Our trip is scheduled when we should expect to see a profusion of blooms, such as the rare and unusual Yellow Lady’s Slipper orchid, Showy Orchids, Dwarf Crested Iris, and a number of Trillium species - all in their springtime glory.
· The cost to participate in this spectacular on site photography class will be $100.00 per person
· Transportation, lodging and meals will be on your own
· A block of rooms will be reserved for our tour
· Space will be limited.
All trails will range from easy to moderate. Attendees should be able to walk over uneven ground, and be able to walk moderate distances. Please contact Brian Jorg by e-mail (email@example.com ) for questions, or call the Civic Garden Center at 221-0981 to reserve your space now!
Digital Photography Workshop
May 14 &16, June 6 &11
Join us for this four-part digital photography workshop. This class is open to all beginner photographers. The class will consist of one evening of class room instruction and three on site classes that will focus on flower/macro photography, wildlife, and cityscapes.
· The cost for this four- part class is $45. 00 per person (space limited)
· Thursday, May 14, 6-8pm: Introduction at the CGC
· Saturday, May 16, 8-10am: Animals at the Cincinnati Zoo
· Saturday, June 6, 8-10am: Flowers at the CGC
· Thursday, June 11, 7-9pm: Cityscapes (off site location TBA)
Please contact Brian Jorg at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or call the Civic Garden Center at 221-0981 to reserve your space now!